Ok so I only had four rows to do! This was the rowan membership gift from last year I chose the colour for my mum then thought I would give it to her for her birthday in April.........then I thought xmas ..........she got it last night just because.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
This is Lou by Kim Hargreaves. It was in magazine 33 and although it wasn't started quite as long ago as I bought the magazine, it was started at least 3 summers ago. I have always been quite in different about it, I was given the calmer and only had enough to make this particular top then it was only a project to take and do when going to Belgium to visit the husbands relatives ( also giving it bad conatations). The only bits I had to do were the ribs of collar, cuffs and belt 150cm worth which I finished on sunday. Up until trying it on I was still unsure what I was going to do with it. The upshot of it is that I really like it. It feels really soft and warm just the thing for cooler summer afternoons. Now I just need something to go with it ..............
Thursday, March 22, 2007
When the post lady knocked this morning I was really curious to know what she had brought as I knew I hadnt ordered anything ( The bargain Cashsoft 4 ply found on Ebay arrived yesterday!). Carla of Glamour Knits had sent me this wonderful yarn. I am not sure exactly what it is. Beautiful colour with a wonderful sheen. I think I shall treat myself to some lovely gloves and maybe hat as well. Of course it has to join the queue as I am still being good finishing stuff and that includes reducing the stash!
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
My New years resolution was to finish stuff! I started this about 6 years ago for my Elenya, my eldest but it got stashed when the twins were born. As you can see there was only about 4 inches on the sleeves and cuffs,collars and buttonbands to do. I pulled it out of its bag the day I finished the Debbie Bliss cardigan. I couldnt actually remember which cardigan it was that I was knitting - I had originally thought it was the one on the front cover of the book so that took a little while to sort out. The yarn for it was bought before all the internet shopping and is mainly acrylic - a shocker after Alpaca and silk. The next shocker was on Sunday when I realised I had lost one of the fronts. After ringing around everyone I had seen in the week it was retrived from a Cafe on monday morning. Lucky aren't I? Anyway here it is in its newly sewn, unpressed, unwashed state, with its new owner! She thinks she is wearing it tomorrow to school..........
Sunday, March 11, 2007
I finished this last week. It was lovely to make, silk and alpaca warm and soft. The last day of knitting was a real panic when i realised how short all of the pieces were. The sleeves came half way up my arm. I had a brainstorming session with a friend as to how i was gonna make it fit. Crocheted edges in another colour was the only solution but press it first and see what happened. The sleeves were still on the needles when I pressed the rest which grew masses. I wonder how much it will grow when it is washed. Anyway this is me holding my belly in - at Mario's request.