Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A wrapped in a woolly hug ! 



Hello all,
anyone who knows me, in person, will tell you that I am very cold blooded and I actually think that there is no such thing as too hot! This pretty much makes the the ninilchik-swoncho the perfect garment ! I absolutely loved it as soon as I saw it on Ravelry. The original pattern calls for dk yarn on a 4mm needle, I didn't have enough scraps for this in DK but I did in Aran . It is mainly Drops Nepal and I knit it up on a 4.5mm needle which meant that it came out a bit bigger than the original but created a lovely dense fabric especially over the fair-isle pattern.



It knit up very quickly and I would say that it would probably be a good first colour work project, because of the tension. I tried very hard to just use yarn I had which meant adding a fourth colour to the fair-isle work. it was quite liberating to just pick up and colour and start knitting. I am very happy with the result.

I think that maybe it didn't need the last lot of increases after the fair-isle as there is some rippling at that point, but that might just be me being picky. Unfortunately I ran out of the grey about 120g from the end so ended up buying more but used up lots more so I don't feel too bad about it! Because Ihad to order more yarn I lengthened both the arms and the body which I am glad about as both are a better length on me.

As you can see I was just about the right temperature on the ferry to Calais at the weekend and I enjoyed wearing it all weekend so I imagine that it will get lots of wear next year...right now I am hoping that I can put it away and enjoy some sunshine!




It has a been a bit longer between blog posts than I would of liked, but the weather has not been very conducive to taking photos! Fortunately for me, I am just about to start My Easter break, so hopefully I can catch you up on all of my recent makes. Watch this space!

Till the next time happy stitching

Arianwen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...