Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What I did with two hours off or what I have put off until the last minute!


I bought the materials for this little tea cosy whilst I was in Belgium and had planned to have it finished by today for a friend's birthday. Trouble was I kept putting it off as the instructions were in Danish. Anyway, today loomed and I had got two of the cosies cut out (This is a habit from having twins why make one in half the time when you could have two........) but,I hadn't got any further. I knew I had an hour this afternoon but wasnt really sure that was enough time - luckily the gods were smiling on me and a mindee's mummy turned up early so I had a bit more time. I really liked the little rabbit. I know it is usually a dormouse in a tea pot but it was easter when I bought the pattern book. There are lots of other lovely things in the Tilda book stuffed bunnies, lambs, small quilts and bags and it seems the diagrams are straight forward enough you dont have to be able to read Danish so I shall plan my next project with confidence rather than the trepidation and self doubt that went along with this one.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, I really really love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are lovely, very pretty fabrics.

    I loved reading your comment on my last post, we will start Swallows and Amazons when we finish our current read, The Little Prince, and I will let you know how it goes. Dylan is enjoying Secret Seven and Famous Five but he is not quite 8 yet and leads a sheltered life! I have a feeling these sort of titles will appeal less to Tilly, I think perhaps girls in particular are "streetwise" earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tea cosies. As always I am in awe at your sewing skills....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...