Sunday, January 28, 2018

Two Molly's and a Moneta!

Sometimes ( not often) the over-locker is a babe! Last weekend was one of those times! When I bought the red velour a few weeks back, on the market, I also picked up this gorgeous dark teal scuba. It reminded me a of lovely Boden dress (Audrey) that I had and wore to death and at £2 a metre I had to take a couple home with me!

I had planned on making another Coco with it but a friend of mine had just made Molly and it was gorgeous so I thought I would give that a go. Now I haven't had too much success with any of the Sew Over It dress patterns. They are usually too short in the body and too tight in the arms for me or my girls, which means fiddling about with the pattern, which I really didn't want to be bothered with. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I made the suggested size and the arms and length are perfect! It is maybe a little loose in the body so I might pull that in a bit next time.

It is such a quick make and I had a dress after 2.5 hours on Friday night and that was with tracing out the pattern. Which in my book is a good result. I then proceeded to wear it all weekend and a couple of times in the week!

Then on Sunday I got a couple more hours sewing in,this time I was planning on making up Moneta. I picked the fabric up in Dewsbury way back in October. Isn't the print unusual ? It had been cut out since before Christmas and was going to be my Christmas day dress.
Well best laid plans and all that, I mislaid the bodice pieces so it ended up being shelved. Anyway I re- cut the bodice and zipped it up really quickly on the over-locker. The bodice is quite a nice shape however the gathering at the skirt I was a bit unsure of as it makes it look a bit old fashioned but once I put it on I actually quite like it though I have heard that the Laneway dress's skirt works well with it so I think at some point ,I might give that a go.

I have some black spotty jersey that I want to make another Moneta out of so that might be for next week! But that is my second project from my #2018makenine so I am feeling pretty pleased with that!

Then on Sunday just time to make another Molly, this time a short sleeved top out of a scrap of fabric left over from a dress I made a couple of years back.

I had wanted to make a renfrew or an Agnes out of it but I just couldn't get the pieces to fit and I had resigned myself to making knickers out of it so the Molly top was a bit of a Eureka moment. I haven't worn this yet but I think it will be a good tee-shirt for the summer as it is nice and long , I hate it when they pull up at the front.

Anyway my sewing machine is calling me so ...

Till next time happy stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...