Thursday, February 01, 2018

The Southbank Dress and Plans for February.



There has been a lot of Jersey in January and I have managed to get one more little project in before the serious sewing of February begins.

Fabricate had their first birthday a couple of weeks back and some friends and I an impromptu visit. I had said I didn't need anything, I also said I wasn't buying anything. Hmmm............

They had a really good deal on, If you spent £25 you would get a free pattern. There was so much choice I was very overwelmed and I did nearly manage to walk away empty handed. Then I spotted this beautiful sweatshirt material and the Southbank sweater pattern and that was the end of my resolve! They then had a lucky dip which I won a tin of sewing machine needles, so really the whole lot was a bargain. Honest!



Now the last time I had a jumper dress like this, I was eleven. My mum bought it from C&A it was grey and pink had a logo across the front and I loved it and wore it to death! So I was pretty excited when I saw this pattern and the versions that keep popping up on instagram.

The pattern said 1.6m fabric requirements, I bought 1.5 and got it easily out that, but had none to spare. I whipped it up on the overlocker on Saturday morning so it was a very satisfying make. The pattern is very straight forward and easy to follow, although I did have a bit of a panic when I saw how small the neck band was ( I wasn't sure it was going to fit over my big head). I originally added the pockets, but I took them off as they added too much bulk in this fabric. If I make it again, which I think I will and I was adding pockets,I would move them up as for me they were a little low down.

It is cosy and warm, bright and cheerful and just perfect for grey days.

Well I have to say I am pretty pleased with how creative I managed to be in January. Like most people who create, how much time I get at it definitely has an affect on how I feel in myself.

As I want it to be fun,I just have three main plans for February. The biggest being Rumana. I bought this beautiful melton wool from Ebay and I have to say the photo doesn't really do it justice. It is really fine and soft and the colour is just beautiful!

The second is the Ninilchik Swoncho I am planning on using odd balls of Drops Nepal and a couple of other bits that I have in stash. I have a feeling I might need to buy a couple but hopefully not too many.

I am also going to try and take part in an other instagram challenge #dayandnightdresschallenge it is going from the 22-28 and I would like to make Belledone by Dear and Doe patterns. Though with Rumana I am not sure if that is a bit optimistic!


Till next time, happy stitching

Arianwen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...