Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Rowan Exchange!


The info about the Rowan Exchange came through last week. This time a blog has been recorded in the person's details, and I have taken to lurking on a new site, very difficult for me as I feel I have to comment on everything! The information I have is that I am working for the season Autumn and the person likes socks. I feel a bit of a fraud giving socks as a present so I really have my fingers crossed on this one. The pattern I have chosen is a Heartstrings pattern, Beaded swirl socks. I thought the lorna's laces yarn in red rover looked most like Autumn leaves. The beads are a Rowan bead in a copper colour. The person I am knitting for has got larger feet than me so I have had to ask around to find a friend with the right size feet. I just found such a person ( a real friend she just measured her feet on the doorstep!)so I now have the measurements and am ready to go.I am really looking forward to starting these but the first job is winding the skeins into balls Urgh!

3 comments:

  1. I love the colour too! I think socks will make a great present, especially such pretty beaded and patterned ones. I'd love some :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the colours, and who doesn't like socks, especially a sock knitter. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...