Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Two weeks of knitting

We got back from Belgium on sunday and unlike last year the computer seems to be working fine which means I can tell you exactly what I got up to.
First things first. I finished my SOTS11 on the tuesday before we left which meant that I could give out all of my pressies. Elenya kindly modelled.










When I joined Ravelry I joined the Belgian Group which has opened a whole new dimension to visting Belgium. I now have people to visit! Mario and I spent a lovely morning with Nel and her Daughter Karen and a very mad dog called Harry. I was so enjoying it all that I forgot to take photo,s. But, they have an internet shop crafy4you which I got to play in. I bought enough for three different projects that I had in mind.
so much for down sizing the stash. Mind you after seeing Nel's personal supply I feel very virtuous! That wasn't the end of my stash building either. The whole of Mario's family (which is a lot!!!) know I knit and this huge bag was waiting for me.I have projects planned for most of it already.
I really could do with more hours in the day.







But the most surreal experience of all was joining a SnB in Hema a small department store in Brugge My in laws couldnt quite believe I was going to knit in town but I did and met three lovely knitters and lots of interested on lookers what a great way to spend an afternoon.
I also went to see my friend Katie in her Bear and Patchwork shop De Lander. She has set me a challenge to run a patchwork workshop. Anyone who knows me personally will know that I am always teaching somebody something. Anyway I think I am going to rise to this challenge. I just have to make up the sample for what I want to teach!


The projects that I actually took with me I finished. After I finished the tilted duster I thought I would knit the Nantucket Jacket also by Norah Gaughn. I already had the yarn for it that I bought last year. when I got it out though I realised that is was nearly the same colour as the duster. so rather than turning into a very weird woman who only wears Norah in purple I decided on something else. It is for my mum, for her Birthday which is on Sunday. So a picture on Sunday I hope for that one.

The challenge in the loose knit group for march was socks.
My monkeys are now finished to put away as is February's hat which was left over Yorkshire tweed from my Juno I still have a few balls more of that so maybe gloves or a scarf next.

3 comments:

  1. I love being called surreal!

    It was good to have you, and I'm looking forward to meeting you again one day. So, keep us posted about your trips to Belgium, and I'll keep you posted about my trips to Yorkshire ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very fun trip. What's the pattern for the hat? I really like it. I just finished Monkey's for Swap 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your stole is gorgeous! Alot of work but worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...