Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Out of Sync.

Hello my lovelies,
for the first time in well forever I have nothing to do. Well nothing of great importance. I have just finished my teacher training, I find out next week if I have passed. The children are at school, the washing and ironing all done. So in theory I have lots of free time that I could commit to crafting but, for whatever reason I just can't get up any real enthusiasm. So I have decided to wip the wips! Don't you just love this photo? I think it pretty much sums me up!
My life summed up in a photo
First up is the blanket that I have been making for nearly a year for my mum. I am not actually sure that I have shown it to you before. I bought the yarn last year when I was in Canada. It is Red Heart Cheap as Chips Acrylic, without dye lots. Your surprised aren't you that I am using acrylic as I really am a yarn snob! But, actually it is really warm and soft and I will use it again. Anyway I have been chugging away on it for a week and I am just onto the 10th strip of 15. There are 15 Hex per strip so it is quite a task. Though I think I will definately be worth it when it is done as it already lovely and snuggly!
Blanket

I was lucky enough to go to Woolfest at the weekend, it was Mario's treat for finishing my course, and met up with a huge group of online friends from the Rowan Tree forum on Ravelry.
DSCF1118
All of the yarn was totally gorgeous and as for the animals ahhhh! The children had their eyes on this little lovely, four days old, I am sure they wanted to bring him home.
DSCF1092
I just love the looks of concentration on their faces whilst they hold him.
DSCF1090
I went armed with patterns that I would like to make in the next little while including the one I am going to make for this years Rowan Exchange and I have come back with some very yummy yarn projects that I will let you into over the next couple of weeks!

Arianwen xx

7 comments:

  1. Oh boo, I missed WoolFest because I wasn't well enough to travel. Looks like a lovely time was had by you and your family. The blanket looks very snuggly, I also love my good yarns but currently working in acrylics for a crochet blanket too, hope it turns out well.
    I'm sure your's will, if the pghotos are anything to go by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woolfest sounds like such fun! Hope all goes well with your results.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:02 pm

    Just came across your blog and am looking forward to reading all your previous posts. Just wanted to say that it seems everyone is having problems with commenting on blogger at the moment and it is so frustrating. Makes me wonder jusy what they are doing about it? I can't seem to get any advice from anyone on their site. Here's hoping that you actually receive this comment. Dev aka fairyglade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:33 pm

    Woolfest looks like a load of fun... sigh. I sort of ration myself to one show (Wonderwool Wales), but I may have to add another. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woolfest looks amazing. Congratulations on finishing your teacher training!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, thanks for commenting on my blog, nice to meet yu. How fabulous that you got to go to woolfest, I live on the South east coast and can only dream that one day I can travel up tohe lake district when I can take some time off work for myself :0) Your hexagon blanket is looking like a true beauty. I have always wondered bout the quality of Red heart as a lot of blogs from the USA use it xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...