Saturday, October 18, 2008

Two Handed Fair Isle



It has to be said I am an impatient knitter. Whenever I having needles in my hands I am desperate to get the next stitch, on to the next project The trouble with this approach is that when I am knitting fairisle regardless of how tangled my yarn,or how little space I have until a big knot I will try and drag yet another stitch off of my needle. I have even been known to snap the yarn either by accident as the strain on the yarn is too great or because I just cannot remove the knot. I have always completed my project but the results have been far from satisfactory. Friends and family have given me a wide bearth terrified by the manic gleam in my eye and my blood pressure goes through the roof. This time has been different, after watching several UTube videos I have tackled two handed fairisle. Fantastic! The yarn doesn't knot! I can speed to the next stitch. The result is a smooth fabric and the gleam has gone replaced by Inigo's happy smile.

2 comments:

  1. That hat is fantastic!! You give me hope that I might actually be able to make one also :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:02 pm

    Very nice hat, great fairisle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...