Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Helon is complete


Well from the photo's it looks like a success. Indeed Elenya was really pleased with it but, I wasn't! The sizing was terrible. When I had finished it I tried it on and could get it to my hips. Not good concidering it is supposed to be for a child! I then checked the childs pattern against the adults. The number of stitches needed for a 13 year old girls sleeve was the same as those needed for someone with a 40" bust! I dramatically decreased at the neck and then I ended up turning the dress inside out and stitching whilst Elenya was wearing it. I won't be making anything else from this booklet just incase any of the other patterns are as badly written and checked. I guess it is lucky there are loads of other patterns out there that I like!

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...