Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Tip Toe-ing Back

Back to School
Sorry it has been a while but somehow the summer seems to precious to spend anytime in front of the computer when there are so many other things to do. Everyone went back to school today and I have spent the last couple of weeks in a knitting frenzy of blue. The last of the school sweaters. It really is the end of an era.
Back to School
It doesn't seem like five minutes since I was making the first of them for Elenya just before she started school. In reality that was nearly 10 years ago. On this blog I think there have been at least three lots! Inigo's was fairly bog standard to knit. Oriana's was fun. I found the pattern on Ravelry for free I lengthened both the arms and the body and also added button holes every two inches. I was planning on more conservative buttons but there wasn't really anything that took my fancy at my local button shop and Oriana liked the spots. I think she made a good choice they make the cardigan. Back to School
I swore the last two were the last, I made them large enough, but the king cole yarn has burred and fluffed so much that they look like furry monsters when they wear them. So this time these are made in cheap acrylic. I am assured they are warm and cuddley so hopefully they will last the year.

3 comments:

  1. I made all the school jumpers and cardigans when mine were in the Infants. These days none of the schools here allows hand knitted, you have to have regulation uniform. I think that's very sad and unfair as well... When I was at senior school lots of us used to sit in the common room knitting our own school jumpers. It certainly kept us out of mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cardi with the spotty buttons - I am such a slow knitter that I just couldn't do school jumpers - they would have grown out of them long before I finished!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, so is it the end of an era for you too? How lovely that your kids have been able to wear handknitted jumpers to school all this time. I love Oriana's one in particular.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...