Thursday, October 05, 2017

Socks

Afternoon all,

I don't know where the time goes, but yet again I am behind on showing you my projects.Whoops!

There was a point where I had quite a lot of lovely handmade socks , just perfect for the colder weather, but they all seem to have come to the end at the same time. In the last couple of weeks I have been stash diving and today I thought I would show you my latest sock making endeavours.

The first pair were Skimmer socks .I saw a gorgeous pair on IG . I found a free pattern on Ravelry . They are toe up which as a general rule I don't like as I usually hate the Tunisian Cast on. However it all went very smoothly and the little socks were an exceedingly  quick knit which used very little yarn which makes them perfect for using scraps. One friend suggested that they would make great stocking fillers as they would be great for slippers on Christmas morning ( good plan , not sure it will be this year) but would like to make more at some point.

The pair I am making at the moment are Hermione's Everyday Socks . Another free pattern from a designer on Ravelry. I had thought about giving these as a present, sadly I think I have made them a little short in the toes for most people. The pattern although nicely written doesn't have many measurements so I was unsure how long the toe would be. My guesstimate was a bit off . It is not a problem they are a perfect fit for me. I do love the pattern and think it goes really well with the variegated yarn. So pretty! What do you think?

Till next time

A❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...