Monday, January 01, 2018

Oh boy, 2018, do I have plans for you!



Hello Happy New Year!

Can you believe how fast 2017 skidded by? Me neither and I can't think that 2018 will be any slower especially all of the stitchy plans that I want to fit in!

My main focus is going to be downsizing my stashes of both yarn and fabric although I do know that there will be one big fabric purchase in February but I will get onto that in a minute.

So in order to keep me focused and using both fabric and yarn I already own I have signed up for three different challenges.

The first is a knitting one on Ravelry IntSweMoDo2018 I have taken part in the past but the last few years I haven't really bothered. The idea is that you knit 12 adult size sweaters. Mine are going to be from stash. I already have two started ( which do count) my Christmas cast on and a cardigan I cast on way back in Easter I think last year. I haven't married yarn to patterns yet but my stash and ravelry queue are both enormous so I don't think I will have too much trouble!

The next is going to be the #2018makenine on instagram again I am going to try and work from stash and from patterns I own. With one exception!

So from top left

Belledone dress  Dear and Doe I got this pattern and fabric for my birthday last year

Rosari skirt  Pauline Alice

Datura Blouse Dear and Doe

Hampton Jean Jacket  Alina Design Company

Rumana Coat By Hand London

Nita Wrap Skirt Sew Diy

Moneta Dress Collette Patterns

Boylston Bra Orange Lingerie

Morris Blazer Grainline Studios

My final New Year Challenge is the #SewMyStyle  this has been running for a couple of years but it is my first time getting involved ...it is one that I am not going to be too precious about as some of the patterns probably aren't anything either me or the girls would wear and also the idea of unseen patterns kind of fills me with fear. So it is one that I may well dip in and out of. However I do plan on making a Sunny top. The Rumana coat ( one of my make nine). The Marigold Jumpsuit and the Tote Bag. The Lingerie is one of the unseen patterns and I keep buying knicker patterns and not making them, I may just use a pattern that I have.

As you might of guessed the Rumana is my investment piece. I haven't made a coat before mainly because I own quite a lot of  different ones already and don't really need another. However I have fallen in love with this coat as I think it is pretty much the ultimate coat shape and I would probably c wack it on my  card if I saw it to buy in any shop regardless of the colour. For my own version I am thinking probably black or grey with amazing lining but I have a month of planning on this so I guess it is watch this space!
So those are my plans! I would love to know yours. Are you joining in the same challenges as me ? Or are there others that I should know about? Or are you just going to make as the spirit takes you? Let me know!
Wishing you all a wonderful, happy and peaceful New Year
A x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...