Monday, September 08, 2008

Been busy!

Apparently it seems that I cannot crochet and blog at the same time. Though, in my defence it has been incredibly busy here for the last few weeks. My aunts, Sandy, Pam and Donna came over from Canada to stay for two weeks. We had a wonderful if not a little hectic time. My auntie Sandy is a knitter so it was a good excuse to visit Coldspring Mill for a little stash enhancement. We also went for a day trip to York for the day where, more important than York Minster is sited Duttons for Buttons. I had the foresight to take a little wool from both Jude

and February’s Lady Sweater and picked up to perfect buttons.
It really is a wonderful shop well worth a visit though if you can’t go,I was informed if you send them a scrap of fabric or yarn they will do their best to match it.
I hadn’t quite finished my Helon dress as the aunties left on the 31st at 5.30 in the morning but I had finished it by the end of the day. I am really pleased with the result. The pattern was really straight forward and with exception of the bottom trim incredibly quick! I have several other crochet projects that I now want to tackle I can see it as a very good way of using stash yarn very quickly!




But in the meantime I have started my February’s Lady Sweater. I must admit I was drawn mainly to the colour of this on the pattern but, I really like the colour of the Tivoli Aran that I have chosen although it is a little more scratchy than I would have liked and the actual sweateris really attractive though I wish I had spread the buttons a little further apart or added a fourth. It is (I think) the first thing I have ever made top down and I can really see the potential of knitwear made like this. Though having tried it on I think the sleeve head could be a little tighter.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:04 pm

    I love that dress! It looks gorgeous on you. And the buttons are cute too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful!! Love the dress. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    I noted your trip to York and wondered if you had heard of Walk Talk Tours - the downloadable audio tours for independent travellers? They've got them in London, Edinburgh and Manchester too.

    Please take a look at www.walktalktour.com and see what you think

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab dress :D And where are the details of the Coldspring purchases? I love Coldspring :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that I found your blog!!! I've read your post about knitting and find it interesting and very useful for me as I adore knitting when I have free time as well as reading books!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:12 am

    PS, I tagged 'ya for a meme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that first green - is that for Jude?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:47 pm

    At Last!!
    I get to see Helon,you've made a beautiful job of it!
    Well done,
    Chris
    ps a bit different to the last time I saw the yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...