Sunday, April 01, 2012

Smells like a bakery in here.

Hello,
how are you all? Ready for the Easter Break? I know I am. I woke up this morning dreaming about marking how sad is that?
Anyway I have decided that this holiday that I am going to try and do as many fun things as possible. High on my list of fun things is cooking not the labourious what is for dinner kind but the special baking kind. I was at BlueADT house a couple of weeks ago and they were busy with all things yeasty. That day they had made a sour dough bread and the remements of a friendship cake were also on offer. Both were delicious!! Anyway this morning I decided I would make a loaf of bread so rummaged around in my baking drawer for the relevant ingredients. The November 11 date on the yeast showed me how long it was since the bread maker had been out. I decided to take a gamble on the bread as I had already made a squash and sweet potato soup. Mmmmmm! The smell of fresh bread is permeating the house. The loaf turned out delicious. Bread But whilst the bread maker was stirring and mixing I was at a bit of a loose end so I took another dive into the baking drawer and pulled out the ingredients for Spiced Apple Cake, a firm family favourite, from the magnolia bakery cookbook. Both cake and bread were happily baking in the oven and I was thinking about the delicious friendship cake that I had eaten at BlueADT's house, now her's wasn't ready for sharing and in fact I probably wouldn't have got around to making it anyway. But holidays mean extra time and google means you can find out anything, so I had a look and came up with this recipe he is now fermenting gently on my windowsill Herman Friendship Cakeand I have ten days to decide what kind of cake he is going to become. If you live close by and would like a little Herman of your own leave me a comment and I will give you some.
Arianwen xx

2 comments:

  1. well, yum.What more can i say.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm glad to be of inspiration!

    After 4 friendship cakes I've stopped making them as it was too tempting to have cake in the house all the time & the dining room/sewing room stank of yeast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...