Sunday, February 24, 2013

February Comfort



>
Did you wonder why I had been so quiet in February? No? Well I am going to tell you anyway :) I had planned that February would be called "Finish off Feb". I had photos of all the wips,a blog post written and a plan of how I was going to get through them. Hmm. It seems that I have absolutely no will power whats so ever. Whoops! The 400g of Cashmerino left over from Oriel was annoying me, I just couldn't leave it alone, what was I going to do with it maybe somebody would want it. Then I started thinking about the other balls of Cashmerino that were lying around the place white and lilac.
Maybe I could add them to the balls of Red Heart that I had bought last time I was in Canada. yes that was a good idea. I would add them to the great Granny that I had planned....I would start it at the beginning of March when I had finished everything. Yeah Right! Monday the 4th was knit night. It was snowing and I didn't want to venture out. The Granny just accidently fell onto my hook. I am a woman obsessed, my hands hurt, my elbows too but I just can't stop I am so in love with this blanket!!! The colours are my favourites and I fondly imagine that they look like a wonderful cottage garden.

M says it makes his eyes go funny in this photo but I don't care I love it. I am nearly to the point of deciding on a border.So brace yourself for lots more photos of it.
February has also been taken up with a blanket for someone else. Something to make the recipient feel loved. The RowanTree group decided that we were going to make a blanket for one of our own that was under the weather. I knit a square and waited for the others to arrive. They came from Canada, America, New-Zealand and from closer to home. In the end I didn't use my square as I had enough from other people. I just stitched them together and put the messages on the back. I love it when a plan comes together. It arrived with its new owner yesterday and I am assured that it is loved.
For our good friend Stash

Till next time

Arianwen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...