Saturday, February 23, 2013

Oriel - A Belated Grand Reveal.


Hello, thanks for popping in. I just don't know where the time goes.
Oriel has actually been finished since the end of January ( so I am sort of on target for inswemodo2013 though Feb looks shakey) and I meant to get photos then. Indeed I even got Mario out in the snow with a camera only to realise it was out of batteries. Shame, as it was a beautiful day and would of made some really lovely photos. Mind you as it seems that Blogger will no longer let me have any size except small I may well just start taking them on my phone! Anyway last Sunday we went off to Shibden Hall for the day and as I was wearing Oriel and the camera had batteries.....



I am not quite sure what I am doing with my face but hey, least you can see the dress. It is another sucess story from Kim Hargreaves. I do love her patterns, though I wish she would make them a little longer. I added a pattern repeat to the bottom of this before the waist shaping and several inches to the sleeve length. Oh well I guess at 5"5 it is kind of nice to pretend I am really tall :) I changed the cables to proper barley twists because I prefered how they looked and I left the bobbles off of the collar as it was a bit too twee for me.I used the 20 balls of yarn specified but was left with several left as I had originally bought the yarn for something different. Those extras are alreay in use for something else but more about that later.

Oriel

Till next time
Arianwen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...