Thursday, January 22, 2015

Fickle


Hello,
how has your January been so far? Mine has been a bit odd on some fronts but I am hopeful it is all going to settle down now. On the craft front, I have been busy! Busy, but a little bit fickle judging by all that I have to show you I can't seem to really settle to anyone thing. I have been knitting and sewing planning and plotting but I decided to just show you the yarn based activities in this post.

On Monday on Ravelry 20 weeks CAL. I bought a Lucy Pack of style craft when I was at Yarndale earlier in the year. I always go a bit crazy at the shows and come home with stuff I will probably never use. I pretty much never use acrylic my only exception being the Red Heart Soft that I have picked up in Canada which feels soft and not unlike the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. The Stylecraft is a different story I have to say I don't really like the yarn. It has the dreaded squeak and it feels rough to work with however it does redeem itself by having pretty colours and being cheap! This is clue one and two which were released together.



M's tank top is still on the needles. I was faithful to it all through December but I am definitely starting to lose momentum. I reached the armholes last night and up until today had thought I would steek it but honestly I don't think I can face the extra stitches. Lazy huh? M keeps asking why it is taking so long but I think considering the size of it it is not too badly paced.




Whether I will stay motivated for another 19 weeks remains to be seen, but I am looking forward to doing the next bit on Sunday.


I got this little bracelet as a kit for a Christmas pressie from my friend Monica. I have been burying it in piles since then, thinking yes I will get around to that at some point. Yesterday as I was about to move it again I thought why not cast on. I was a bit apprehensive at the idea of getting the beads placed correctly but it turns out that wherever you put them, they look good.

Then as I wandered around Ravelry I found a beautiful sweater called Snowflowers I love it and I kept going back to it. It is not often that I really love something but there is a problem. I decided for my New Years Resolution not to make anything straight from a knitting pattern. Which left me in a bit of a dilemma with regards to Snowflowers. So I decided to chart out the flowers and make the sweater up from the pictures of other peoples' projects. I have only done a couple of rows but I am pleased with it so far. I really do love working with the Drops Nepal it is so cosy and warm. I am hoping it will work otherwise I will just have to weaken and buy the pattern.

Till next time

A x

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...