Saturday, February 20, 2016

Ooo la la my Francoise dress


Hello,
So are you ready for day 3?
Day 3 did not go exactly as planned. The fabric has been in stash since last summer I bought in Leeds Market. I bought it especially for this dress which is a bit surprising that it is actually being used.
1. because I usually forget and 2. I often go off fabric nearly as soon as I get it home.
Anyway I digress, I got up early and cut out my dress, making use of the dining room table before everyone else wanted it for breakfast.

I do love the Tilly and the Button Patterns they are so simple to use. Every instruction is perfect, ideal for a beginner or like me a lazy sewer who can't be bothered to think for themselves.

I really like all of the versions of Francoise especially the ones with a collar, unfortunately  mine was going to be collarless  not because I didn't want one, I did, but because I just couldn't find a fabric to contrast with the checks and believe me I had looked pretty much everywhere I could think of including in my stash!

I was almost ready to start sewing I just needed to cut the interfacing. Now I have had a de-cluttering in the last week or so and I am sure I had some left, black and white, but I have no idea what I have done with it.

So as soon as the shops opened, off to town I went. I had a wander around the market as Monday is fabric day but came away empty handed. Then I went to my local sewing shop to pick up the interfacing, when I spotted the perfect contrast fabric, the perfect collar. So lovely and purple!!

So my sewing day went on later than I was expecting as I was so late starting and none of the day's housework jobs have been done. Nevertheless  my dress now has a collar and I think  it adds certain adds a certain something and I love it!

Today I am sewing Renfrew. I have made several of these over the last couple of months for my mum. This one is going to be for me!

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...