Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Two Day Rooibos


Hello,
I bet you thought that was going to be another blogging hiatus.

Hmm nearly, as it turned out the Rooibos is just not a one day project.

Especially if you are silly, like me, and make it in linen.
The fraying! OMG the FRAYING! trying to add the piping and linen trying to unravel to nothing was nearly the death of  me.

The overlocker was being painful too skipping stitches. I honestly don't know how it managed that!

The dress though is so lovely!! Very stylish, sexy, feminine! I love it so much !!

The skirt swooshes so much fun it is a proper lady dress. Just perfect for summer parties!

Don't you just love that scooped back?


M says he doesn't like the pockets and as a rule I don't usually use them so I might not make them again. I can also get it over my head without undoing the zip so next time I might either leave it out or narrow the back a little either way   I definitely see more in my future.


Today though I am lucky enough to be sewing, with my friend Sarah. We are going to be making Viola by sew me something. We have done this a couple of times and I have to say sewing with someone else is actually really good fun! We picked up the pattern at the Harrogate show. We both picked up fabric there too ( some of it the same so nearly matching skirts ).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...