Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sharing the love!


At Christmas, I was given probably the most useful present ever. My friends Blue Tortoise and Judith made it for me. It is based on the pattern by Mandy Shaw. Which I had bought several years before and not got around to making – a bit too much effort for myself I guess. They borrowed the pattern and as a surprise thought I would use it for my sewing things only but, it fits my circular needles, DPNS, pliers in other words I have it stuffed with everything remotely crafty that fits. The only time in fact my sewing Angel hasn’t been useful was when I mislaid it for a week and literally couldn’t do anything! Some helpful person had put it in with the clean washing.
Last Sunday was Judith’s birthday and I was completely at a loss as to what to give her. So I asked …..And she said that she would like one of these. It was really good fun as I hadn’t had my sewing machine out properly for ages. So Wednesday afternoon I swung into action. The pattern is reasonably straight forward so long as you can sew as some of the instuctions and diagrams were a little garbled. I had to re-cut the outside fabric as the original was far too small for the innards. Also the way the zip is put in is very strange (well to a dressmaker at any rate). I really like the thimble holder and the needle holder they really are cute. The fabric was left over from a baby quilt I made last year.




The sad thing is I can’t remember anything about the quilt or who the recipient was. Both colours look lovely with the denim. The buttons came from my button stash, Elenya and I had them all spread out on the ironing board choosing just the right ones for flower centres. We had a birthday celebration on Thursday and I gave it to her then.which is our quilting day. I am just wonder how full it will be by next Thursday,if it is anything like mine it will be stuffed.

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! What a great gift. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely present to give or receive! It looks as if there's quite a lot of sewing time involved there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...