Sunday, March 06, 2011

Lucky Audrey

Well it is finished!! I went into town on Wednesday evening and came home with 11 grey buttons that I thought might work....Nope they were too big and bulky (probaly perfect for my next cardigan). So on Saturday I went back into town and popped into the other button shop. I was just about to give up when I spotted the same buttons as I had picked up in John Lewis'! I couldn't believe my luck to find the same buttons which I think are a perfect match.

I am reasonably pleased with Audrey. But not over the moon. I can't decide why I think it might be the yarn partly. Though I am really not in love with the rib either! Even though the rib has been blocked it is still trying to bunch up when it hits the stocking stitch which really isn't as flattering as I would like. I also think I could do with it being a little longer in the body. Having said all that the construction on this cardigan is very clever the wrap and turn on the sleeve makes for a perfect sleeve head and I actually think I may try making it again sometime soon using a different yarn probably Rowan wool cotton from stash and maybe a different stitch on both the rib and the yoke.

Anyway I need your help. Last year I got the yarn for Noyeaux for Christmas. It took a long time to come from Canada and took a lot of knitting the upshot was that it didn't get finished before winter so I stashed it away. One of the reasons it didn't get finished was this.

Can you see?

So what should I do? make the front and cobble the sides together? Or should I pull it out make it in the round and probably forget about side shaping? What do you think? Drop me a comment. I just can't decide and I really do want to own this dress soon!


  1. Could you, DARE you, sew it on the machine (overlocker?) and trim the excess? I know this is usual in other countries.

  2. PS, meant to say I love Audrey, very flattering shape, and a cute neckline. Dawn.

  3. I think Audrey looks beautiful on you, the colour is perfect.

    The dress is going to be beautiful too, love those little cables, I think I might be inclined to try and cobble together, I bet the shaping is important fit wise.

  4. Congrats on finding matching buttons. That color is just ravishing on you, Arianwen! That is a good idea to lengthen Audrey if you made it again. I think the length of it is a little in betweenish, which does not suit everything. What I like about the pattern is that when you wear Audrey open, it conforms nicely to the body and falls open in a flattering way, but I don't find myself wearing it ever closed, when the ribbing becomes more of a focal point. If I wear it open, it isn't an issue.

    Hmmm...Regarding the edges of Noyaux, I bet you can cobble them together. My MIL would probably sew the front and back together with a sewing machine. But I bet you could also just mark it and then backstitch it by hand, avoiding the wonky edges, which would then go into the seam...

  5. Sorry the yarn took so long to get to you. I love the blue one, it makes you look so slim. The colour and fit are so flattering. I agree with the other ladies, cobble the sides together, it really needs the shape. It is going to be gorgeous. I can't wait to see the finished product. My life's ambition is to knit about 1% of what you do. I am working on it.


Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...