Sunday, February 27, 2011

Audrey and other stories

Hello my lovelies,
how has the end of your week been? Mine has been great!!
I finally finished Audrey. I have to say it has turned out really well. However there is one slight technical hitch. When I first started it, way back in September, we had popped into John Lewis and I picked up the 10 buttons that the pattern stated.



Gorgeous hey?Perfect colour? Usually I buy an extra but I was being frugal. Anyway I finally got to the button band and instead of reading the instructions I made it up and yes you guessed it I ended up with 11 of these.




The chances of me going back to John Lewis anytime soon is remote not to mention the fact that I probably wouldn't be able to get another to match. So I will have to go into town next weekend and buy 11 more.

Elenya and Oriana have had the sewing machine out quite a lot and been making headbands. Well Elenya made one and then every time we had another set of friends to play Oriana wanted to make another. Vintage Maddie came over again with hers and Daisy and Oriana now have matching bands as well as matching skirts!
Mario took a few days off before starting his new job so Wednesday afternoon was spent watching Tangled in 3D. Great fun!
On Thursday Loz and her family arrived. Now Loz is like an extra sister we were born in the same hospital two days apart so you could say we go back quite a long time. Though we are quite different we know all of each others secrets and all of each others likes and dislikes. Now I have done bits of of sewing for Loz and quilts for each of her children but I have never knit for any of them because I know Loz hates knitting! When we were little her auntie used to make industrial strength machine knit sweaters for birthdays, Easter, Christmas etc. Needless to say it kinda put her off. But the power of wollmeise can soften the heart of even the most adamant anti-knitter. So when she saw my lovely aestlight shawl at Christmas she put in a request for her own but in turquoise. Thanks to the lovely knitters of Rav I was able to lay my hands on a skein for her and cast on yesterday on the way to builda bear in the White Rose Centre.




Now I have never been into a build a bear before - neither had any of my children. But we decided that her two and Oriana and Inigo would get one each for their birthdays ( very early in the twins case) and they all had great fun choosing an animal, a name, and an outfit for them. Then when we got home Loz asked if I could make her two tae quando outfits for their bears as they had each just graded for white belt.
My sewing machine has great embroidery facilites so I could put the name of their club on the back.


I cut the outfits based on one of the outfits that had been bought and copied down the pattern pieces so that we can make more in the future.




Her two were very pleased and mine are now suggesting what we could make for theirs. Cub outfits maybe coming next.

Arianwen xx

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:52 pm

    Wow, I've missed your last couple of posts, and you've been BUSY! Too bad about the buttons, I hate that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tae quando bear--that is adorable! Too bad about your buttons, they are really lovely with Audrey. I can't wait to see it when it is finished--that color is superb!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...