Sunday, September 16, 2007

So not to bore you.



I finished my first christmas present yesterday. Just as I was about to cast on the next one when I realised it would make for a boring couple of months if I couldn't show you any pictures. So for blog harmony I have cast this on. The yarn is a pure wool that I bought about a year ago from Coldspring mill( I love that place!)I have no idea if I actually have enough yarn or not so the whole thing may fall prey to artistic license.




I saw this on thursday and have fallen in love with it. It is in the new knitty. I spent thursday at cold spring mills and I found this yarn which is a perfect colour for it. It is I think, Twilleys Freedom spirit in Fire which is in DK so completely the wrong gauge but, I am going to add a cone of plain red that is in the stash and hopefully that will work.

I rushed out yesterday to buy the 9mm circular that I needed and had absolutely no luck so I shall have to buy some online this week. It is like a self fulfilling prophecy - no body goes to yarn shops - yarn shops dont have what you want.
I have also bought the yarn and beads for my secret stole. You can't see the yarn?? well that is because the post around here still seems to be quite bad and although it was ordered over a week ago it still hasn't got here. Elenya's bunny finally arrived with her on friday she was a very happy girl.

7 comments:

  1. I love the red. I will be knitting the SoS in red (Briar Rose) with crystal beads.

    To answer your question, I can knit a pair of sock in about 3 days, if that's all I'm knitting, most socks are finished in about 5 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:05 pm

    mmm - both of these are on my possibles list too so I shall wait and see how you get on before I decide whether to commit or not !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That red is amazing - I've been eyeing up that pattern on knitty, too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Interweave pattern, you are so good to cast on for our sakes... Very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the new projects, especially the one from knitty.

    I hope your stole yarn arrives soon. It's good that the bunny found it's way back home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:57 am

    Hello,

    Thanks for your comment. The stones are definitely not malachite as I bought some of those at the same time (one of my favourite stones), I think they're something along the lines of azurite but don't quote me on that!
    Love your new project - can't wait to see it take shape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That red is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...