Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thick and Thin

Hello,
well it is nearly here the end of the year and all that entails! I have to say I am most definately not ready. At the end of last month I realised that I am not going to complete the IntSweMoDo2012 challenge that I have in one form or another completed every year for the previous three years. I am not going to finish hand made gifts for Christmas either, yet again it will be i.o.u's or I might just save myself the stress and buy gifts. The house is not clean or decorated and I have lost my voice so am huddled inside infront of the fire rather than out and about. The upside is that I have cast on two wonderful knits. A thick and a thin. The thick is for my brother in law, he is the only person I know who can make use of such a bulky sweater. Neil's Sweater The yarn was a gift from my Auntie Sandi. Prairie wool designed for harsh Canadian winters.It is like knitting with a rough fleece it sheds and splits as I knit. My fingers ache after a couple of rows but is forgiven for the awe inspiring fabric that is produces. Crushed BiscuitThe thin is a lovely cheap and cheerful 4 ply from a local mill, woolyknitcrafts.com my fingers skip through the endless stocking stitch, my mind desperate for the tedium to end and the lovely fairisle yoke to begin. Neither will be finished until the new year and both will be shelved for my Christmas day cast on. By which time I hope that the house will be clean and decorated and the present situation resolved.

Arianwen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...