Sunday, March 08, 2015

SnowFlowers or something for me.

Well here is it is, my version of Snowflowers or Snowflowers on a shoestring as I was too tight to buy the pattern. I have to confess this has been done quite a while but as soon as it was finished I started wearing it and I have worn it a lot!!

I had kind of hoped for snowy pictures ( well snowflowers and all ) which is why it has taken until now to get organised with the camera. It is warm and cosy and goes with pretty much anything.

I have worn it to work and I have worn it to do house work in anyway it occurred to me earlier as I was wearing it whilst splashing bleach around I had better get a couple of pics before it is worn out.

I was a little bit worried that the low neck might annoy me but it is actually really nice as you can wear a scarf with it or a polo neck without feeling like you are being strangled. I am also a fan of the fact that it is a bit roomy, ok it might add the illusion of an extra couple of lbs but I have full arm movement which I am really enjoying in comparison to all the fitted sweaters I have made over the last couple of years.

I still have yarn from the reindeer sweaters so am planning something else similar for later in the year.

Anyway until next time Happy Knitting

A x

Monday, March 02, 2015

Up cycling

There has been quite a lot of sewing going on recently. During the week I whipped up another skirt for E again in fabric picked up at Oxfam.
 That also turned out really well and was really fast as I knew exactly what I was doing and I really wanted one for me! I do still have some Oxfam fabric left but I figured it probably wouldn't be that cool if we had matching skirts. I am on a yarn and fabric diet so I thought it would have to wait. Then I had a bit of an idea, a few years back I made this a cloth kits skirt. I loved it when I saw it on the cloth kits stall at Harrogate; I loved it when I finished it, but I have never worn it so and it has languished in the drawer ever since....
 Upcycling !!!
 I didn't quite have enough fabric so I had to be a bit inventive and it has different fabric for the facings .
also couldn't get of quite the right grey for the bias binding so decided to put a contrast with it. Azrael was super helpful with this
He was pretty good at this point but I ended up throwing him out of the room so he was such a pain . I am pretty pleased with how they have both turned out.
Especially as for the price of a couple of zips and some bias binding my wardrobe has been updated.
I shall be looking for other up cycling projects!  Till next time happy crafting A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...